We own a co-op unit in a high rise building in New Jersey. Suddenly the electricity went off in most of the outlets. Two outlets and the ceiling lights still function. The building maintenance people said there was a short somewhere but that we would have to hire an electrician to find the it and fix it. This is a co-op, rather than a condo, but we were under the impression that, as in most condos, anything not inside the apartment walls, such as the electrical wiring, is the responsibility of the coop. Can anyone here tell me if that is generally true? We also own a condo in California, so I'm curious about whether a condo association would be likely to pay for wiring repair inside walls? The documents are ambiguous on this issue.