HOA Loan and Insurance Quotes

I understand that there is a 1% origination fee, payable at loan closing. Submitting this form puts me under no obligation. *

Subscribe to Blog

Your email:

Follow Us

Looking for answers?

condo association blogCan't find the answer you're looking for?  Ask your question here and we'll post it in our blog.

Browse by Topic

Condo Association Management Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

Does homeowners insurance cover water damage in my kitchen?

Posted on Sun, Apr 01, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
I had a leak under my sink in the kithcen and called my homeowners insurance. My personal homeowners insurance company said the condo insurance would cover this. Can anyone tell me if a leak under the sink that a plummer was called to fix that damaged the cabinets, the counter top and the wood floor would be covered by the condo insurance? Does it make a difference what pipe was leaking? The entire piece of wood under my kitchen sink fell to the concrete as the water was filled up that area and ruined the wood floor and warped the counter top as the water was spraying upwards also and ruined the wood wall on the side of the dishwasher. Can anyone explain to me how condo insurance works when there is a leak under the sink? Are there some pipes that are not covered by the condo insurance and some pipes that are covered by the condo insurance or are all the pipes that leak under the sink covered? Please help me out if you know the answers to this as I am confused as to what insurance is to cover this leak. Thank you.



Did you call your insurance company and ask them?

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 7:29 AM by Victor

Read your personal insurance policy and your Condo assoc bldg ins. policy. Our bylaws and insurance states that anything that happens inside the walls of our condo (we own not rent) is our responsibility except if the leak or problem was caused by a common pipe outside our unit the association insurance would be responsible.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 7:36 AM by Jan

Victor...in the second sentence the writer said she talked with her insurance company, and they were the ones who told her she had to file with the Association's insurance. But to answer the question. You have to look at the Declarations to find out if the plumbing is considered 'common area' and thus covered by the insurance company. In our complex the pipes in the walls going to our unit belong to the Association, and damaged caused by a leak there is covered by the Association's insurance. Once the pipe enters a unit (at the cut-off) then it's the responsibility of the homeowner. Under our policy, what happened to you would be covered by the individual homeowners policy. In another condo we owned, the pipe belonged to the association (it was outside), and they repaired the pipe, but not the damage to the inside of our unit. To me it sounds like your insurance should cover this...review your policy and explain to them the leak was from an inside pipe, if indeed it was. Sorry about what happened to you. Water can cause such terrible damage in a short period of time. In our current condo, the plumbing is so old it leaks all the time. We paid to have our unit re-plumbed just as prevention, as did some of the other homeowners. But the person above us and beside us did not, so we are still in danger of damage. At least if there is a dispute, we've done everything we could do.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 7:44 AM by Linda

Expect to be dissappointed: the condo insurance deductable may be high, but it might cover you. But it will not hurt to file a claim, after reading the condo's policy carefully. In our condo all the structures are covered by the condo policy but with a $2500 deductible. I have "renter's" insurance to cover the deductable and my own stuff. 
I would read your own homeowners policy carefully. They may be giving you the run around and trying to avoid a payout for a valid claim.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:10 AM by john mastro

In our Homes Association, any slab leak is the responsibility of the owner. I had a leak under the sink but the hot water was running under the linoleum and existing under the kitchen door to the outside. I had a separate insurance policy and it covered $1,000 which included the diagnosis. I ended up paying $450.00 for the repair. However, two weeks later I heard running water at the cutoff valve and the plumber came out again and detected another leak in the foundation about five feet from the previous leak. At that point I decided to have the entire condo re-piped with copper because we were going to install a wood floor and did not want to experience what other owners had. 
Our complex was build in 1965 and the copper piping was made in Taiwan then and they used soft copper which over the years experiences pin hole sized leaks. Rather than having the entire floor opened up to repair every leak episode, we opted for total pipe replacement. As others have mentioned, it is best to read your condo master plan insurance policy. Some policies cover slab leaks but may have a high deductible, i.e., $5,000, which is more than some re-piping costs.  
Sorry to hear you are having a problem but that sometimes happens and if you have a slab leak, chances are others in your association have experienced the same problem.  

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:26 AM by DanielC. Garcia, BFA, CMI, MAM

From the description of the damage, it sounds like more than just a leak, more like a pipe or pipe connection burst. In any case, the condominium owner's insurance pays because the break was inside the condo. 
Or was a plumber called to repair a leak and subsequent or during the repair the flood gates opened? If so, plumber's insurance pays for.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:31 AM by Ron Melzer

If the leak was from one of your unit's pipes or drain lines, its your issue. If the leak was from a common water line(s) its a HOA issue. 
Check your HOA docs for any deviatiuons from this simple concept.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 8:51 AM by Chuck McEvoy

Hi, I am the writer of the question above. I was told by my personal condo insurance adjustor that whatever is attached to the walls is the responsibility of the condo insurance and I live in N.J. 
I spoke to someone on the phone from the agency who the association got the insurance policy from and they agreed about what was attached to the walls also. My personal insurance adjustor who came to my condo said to look at it this way...say you are able to hold up your condo upside down, well whatever doesn't fall out is the responsibility of the insurance the condo has.  
In the past I have questioned some of the work done by the board of directors and am still questioning it today which has made the board and mgm. company very angry with me and I am not just talking about normal angry because a project done by the board was never needed at all and the replacement turned out to have so many defects it cost more to make the repairs on just the condo owners condo than the project cost. The board spends money like it is not there and I don't believe any of the money spend is the board members as the condo owners who pay maintenance and assessments are charged for the spending. 
I have been harassed by the PM for years so I knew if she picked the condos where I lived something was going to be a mess as that is the only repairs that were ever done on my condo. The mgm. co. we use has the worse reputation but yet our board still wants them to be used. Condo owners in our community were forced to replace items that were not common elements when the same PM managed the condo next door and no one there had to replace the items that we had to replace. The contractor told me what he charged to do the replacement and I noticed a difference of $700 times the 25 items replaced in the bill we received from the management company. The board doesn't appear to be interested in anything like this as I wrote them about it. 
I am close to 70 years old and you would never believe what the previous PM and mgm. co. put me through and are still doing. Even though a new board is elected, the president who was going to make this place honest but all of a sudden he is siding with the management company and either board members are brain washed or they are given such magnificent perks by the management company at the expense of their neighbors that they cannot refuse. Living in my community has taught me that honest good people who do everything right in life can even have summons issued against them for injunctive relief if they dare to write 2 emails to a roofer and call the landscaper one time to see if he can make the mud in the back of your condo go away. The previous president of our condo said he was too honest; I still wonder what he meant by that. The newest thing someone in our community is spreading around about me is that I had the Dept. of Community Affairs come out and check the smoke & carbon monoxide detectors and that the community was fined $40,000 because of me. A para legal in our community told me this without finding out if there was proof but I think she is really scared of going against the board who may be brain washed or perk crazy. I can't believe some people could even believe that this close to 70 year old would have such power but when a condo attorney lies people listen as many people still believe a lawyer does not lie.  
Any help about any of the above would be appreciated as they are wearing me down. 
Thanks you. 

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:13 AM by Eve

It has been my understanding that if the water problem is caused from something outside, the Assn is responsible. I had previously mentioned that there was a terrible leak, more like a flood actually that came from upstairs. It destroyed my living room rug and parts of the kitchen wall were replaced. The upstairs unit is mine as well as the one I live in. My home owners ins took care of it. I had a $500 deductible. I did get brand new carpeting and a nice paint job for the kitchen.Now if the problem had been caused from something out side on the grounds the assn would have paid it. At any rate the assn is getting a set of by laws made up soon which will cover everything. I will translate them into Spanish.Hopefully this should be of help to everyone. Mari

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:17 AM by Mari

I wish the site would require that everyone start with the State they are from since there are differences. In Florida, the Assn is responsible for what's behind the walls. A faucet, for instance, is the owner's responsibility. Follow your insurance agent's guidance on this.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:26 AM by marjon

Regarding insurance coverage, what the agent thinks is immaterial. What is important is what the laws and the governing documents for the condominium complex state. 
Unfortunately you will have to do some homework or perhaps hire an attorney ($$$) so that you understand any state or local laws regarding condominiums. In addition you will need to understand 'articles of incorporation', covenants, bylaws, and 'rules and regulations' associated with your condominium complex. One document may take precedence over another, so you have to be cautious. 
With an understanding of all the laws and documents you will now know more of whose insurance policy covers what and be able to refer the insurance agents to the appropriate document. A policy that written contrary to any governing documents could be considered a crime. 
With an understanding of all the laws and documents you will now know what it takes to 'recall' seated Directors of your Board. 
With an understanding of all the laws and documents you will now know what it would take to fire the current condominium management company. (Make sure that the Community Management Company as well as the Community Manager have real certifications to provide management services.) 
Regarding identified potential safety issues. Any owner should bring it to the attention of the Community Manager along with expectations regarding actions to be taken. Should actions not be taken in what the owner considers an acceptable timeframe, then the owner has every right to notify an agency of government. This is called 'whistle blowing.' 
Bottom line... there is no 'easy' button. It will take hard work and dedication on your part as well as other owners to straighten things out.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:58 AM by Ronald Melzer

Hi Eve I also live in NJ. What town is your condo in? 

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 11:03 AM by Victor

Eve: I have carefully read both your postings. I think you have a problem understanding the operations of an association or even of a corporation. First of all, theire will be disagreements and mis-understandings.This does not mean that some one is taking perks or is corrupt. It means that his or her interpretation of the rules or docs or statutes is different than yours.  
The unfortunate tendency to identify those who disagree as morons or crooks has lead to argument ad hominum rather than argument about an issue.  
The issue of the pipes is an issue that has bedeviled almost every condo in the United States. It is not unique to your condo or your Board.  

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:22 PM by Norman Prigger

Friends do not let Friends buy a Condominium. The misery and pain is just not worth it.

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 4:54 PM by Don

If you owned a house rather then a condo who would pay the damages inside your home? Of course you would. Well, if you own a condo it is your home and hopefully you have home owners insurance because I am living proof that you may need it.It cost my Ins company $7000 to make repairs in my unit but I paid only $500 deductible.We cannot expect the condo assn to pay for damages inside our homes. Now let's say a big tree fell on top of the unit. Maybe then the assn would probably cover damages. That is just an example.The association would pay for something where they were somehow at fault. I know that we have plenty of leaky roofs when it rains a lot but I call the roof repair man and he bills the assn.That is the sort of thing the assn pays for. Mari

posted @ Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:19 PM by Mari

Condo Insurance is Primary. Home Owners is secondary and won't pay. Unfortunately, Condo Ins. has 10,000.00 deductible. Rules for me are anything inside the walls are my responsibility.

posted @ Monday, April 02, 2012 7:47 AM by JanL

Sorry, JanL. There's no such thing as secondary and primary insurance. You may be thinking of some other kind of insurance--like health insurance. 
Your insurance covers certain items. The same for the Condominium's insurance. If your sofa caught on fire would the condo's insurance be primary? It depends on the loss. Not on primary or secondary.  
If you believe (and IF you are correct) that your home owner's won't pay then change insurance companies.

posted @ Monday, April 02, 2012 8:05 AM by sally santiago

My home owners ins did indeed pay the damages to my unit.There was also the unit upstairs they covered.

posted @ Monday, April 02, 2012 9:23 AM by Mari

Our condo is on an upper level so when our hot water heater leaked all the damage was to two units below us. Our homeowners insurance paid for all the repairs even though our condo wasn't damaged. I'm thinking your homeowners should pay.

posted @ Monday, April 02, 2012 3:19 PM by Pat Wiken

After spending 30 years in the insurance industry, teaching insurance for 20 years and having earned two professional insurance designations(degrees)my observation is that there is a great deal of misinformation being shared on this post. For example most property policies do in fact have an "other insurance" clause which addresses two or more policies covering the same loss. One policy might be primary the other secondary or the loss may be shared on a pro-rata basis.  
Another point is that homeowners policies provide both property and liability coverage. There is usually no deductible for a liability loss. 
If the plumber's negligence caused the damage then their General Liability policy (completed operations) would respond. 
In order to accurately respond to the original question one would need to have a background in insurance, law and of course be familiar with the By-laws of the Association. 
I'd suggest the original poster find an attorney who has insurance and condo experience. An attorney should be able to quickly sort things out.

posted @ Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:54 PM by Steve

Would have to look at where the leak was and look at the master deed and by-laws for a definition of common elements and elements owned by the unit owner. In our condo, the pipes in the walls are common elements and the condo assoc. is liable. But the pipes feeding my sinks and toilet are mine and my liability. Its all a bit confusing without the documents. Happily in my condo we have a policy that covers damages to anything attached to the building like pipes, but with a 2500 dollar deductable. So I have a home owners policy to fill in the gap. Gotta read those docs, which might be some heavy reading for some. I tend to believe that lawyers write those documents to obfuscate the facts, so as to perpetuate future business.

posted @ Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:37 PM by john_mastro

If it were a shared pipe, possible. But if it is your own pipe coming in then I believe you are responsible. Either way go back to your insurance company and let them fight it out with the association insurance company. But get it fixed, get n estimate and submit it to the association for debate.

posted @ Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:57 PM by s

an owner here has a water leak coming from the above unit (owned by board member and he refuses entry) - any suggestions?

posted @ Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:36 AM by fred

Condo Insurance is not that difficult; but in reading some posts above, the BOD might be the biggest obstacle. 
Everyone should read the By-Laws, it tells you exactly what is covered and by whom.  
If the COA has a high deductible, your Personal Homeowners Insurance, which should be on a HO-6 Policy, should have "Dwelling Coverage". This would be for damage under the deductible, PLUS any Improvements & Betterments made by you after your purchase.  
NEVER assume all is coverage by the COA's policy. Some states dictate what must be covered, others state "may or may not" depending on what the by-laws state. 
As an Insurance Agent, I read any and all portions of the By-Laws for my clients. You would be surprised on what some say. 

posted @ Friday, April 05, 2013 12:11 PM by Jeffrey

If it has something to do with a faulty hot water tanks

posted @ Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:04 AM by Maddison Pierce

I do not understand why your insurance would not pay for the water leak but the assn is not responsible for that. I would look for a different insurance. Several years ago I had a flood in my unit and my insurance fixed it and paid. I even got new carpeting out of the deal. I have a $500 deductible and paid that. The work they did was worth thousands. They even painted the kitchen. Now the assn is paying for a new fence for in back.If your ins does not pay find a different one.

posted @ Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:16 AM by Mari

It might be you that has to pay because it is in your condo. In North York, plumbing falls on the owner when it is within the walls.

posted @ Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:05 AM by Elisa Jed

When we had to deal with water damage repair in Colorado our insurance covered us. We had some big fans in our place for a while, but eventually it worked out.

posted @ Monday, October 28, 2013 7:26 PM by Bob Strong

What about if I need water heater repair in Greeley CO? Who would be responsible to pay for that?

posted @ Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:15 PM by Shelly Slader

I never even thought about water heater repair being covered by anyone but myself so I would say that the water heater repair is your responsibility. Of course, if the water heater leaked and ruined your floor, then you could put in an insurnace claim. I put in a new water heater and if you need one look around for a good plummer and a good water heater. I got the one I bought in a large chain and it had to be replaced 2 years later and thank God it was covered by the warranty but it caused another mess.

posted @ Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:58 PM by Anna

I keep seeing comments about the Association paying for water damage. It's very important that you read your governing documents carefully so you will know which type of insurance you need to purchase to cover damage. Always assume you will be responsible, and then you will be covered. One side comment: When we are quick to ask the Association to pay for something, it means we are asking our neighbors to take responsibility for our problems. Just because we pay fees, doesn't mean they are the money pot for our problems. I think our Association is responsible for anything outside my unit. Heck! We've even painted our own deck and stairways to save the Association money. Some did not. We just felt like we did the right thing, and we knew the job was done right and on our schedule.

posted @ Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:04 PM by Linda

One more thing. Our insurance company offers a rider to our policy so that if a neighbor damages our unit, or the Association damages it, they will take care of us, and if they are owed anything, will go to the Association or the neighbor. It's with Allstate and only costs an additional $11 a year. Well worth it to us! We don't have to negotiate with a neighbor or an Association Board, both of which can be pretty sticky sometimes.

posted @ Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:08 PM by Linda

It probably all depends on your individual contract. I would hope that they would repair the damaged goods, but you never know. Our Association fixed our heater last year after we were worried it wouldn't be included under repairs. http://www.manwill.net/heating.php

posted @ Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:40 PM by Jameel Johnson

Your insurance company and the association insurance should have got together and figured out who pays what. I suggest you find a local outfit or government agency that protects seniors from abuse and get them involved.

posted @ Friday, May 16, 2014 4:39 AM by Don

I think you should call your homeowner's insurance company. They could tell you a lot! You'll be surprised by what you find. http://www.twomenandasnake.com/water-heaters/

posted @ Friday, May 16, 2014 6:17 PM by Julia Carlson

Jameel That is what I was wondering. We paid to have someone fix our water heater last time, but next time maybe we can see if it's insured. That would fit in perfect for us. http://www.twomenandasnake.com/water-heaters/

posted @ Friday, May 16, 2014 6:19 PM by Bob Strong

I would definitely check the bylaws of your association and call your insurance company. It varies from each condo association. When our water heater broke and leaked everywhere it was covered by the association because we shared the heater with multiple units. 
Claudia Rosenburg | http://www.mccreeryhvac.com

posted @ Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:22 AM by Claudia Rosenburg

It's very different depending on your type of condo and homeowners' insurance. There's a lot of variation between states and boards, so the best thing to do would be to call both insurances, and file a claim for both. Don't be surprised of the Association doesn't cover you, though-- most boards only cover pipes inside the walls, not the ones visible in the unit. Good luck! 
Jenn | http://jackwelchplumbing.com/services.html

posted @ Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:33 AM by Jennifer Davies

Leaks like that are the worst. I had a leak like that with my old water heater. I need to get a new water heater installed in my house and I'm trying to find out if the HOA will cover it. http://www.southshoreplumber.com/Plumbing-Heating-Piping-Services-Marshfield-MA.html

posted @ Friday, June 20, 2014 12:16 PM by Abed Nadier

That's so awful. I hate it when damage happens like that. I hope that you can get someone to cover it.  
Anita Mas | http://www.canlikkitchens.net/

posted @ Monday, June 30, 2014 6:25 PM by Anita Mas

The HOA wouldn't cover any of the water damage in our kitchen after a plumbing accident that we had. We ended up having to replace all of the wood under the sink, and the wood flooring in the kitchen with tile flooring. I would really like to get stainless steel counter tops. They wouldn't suffer any damage if there was a huge water problem like this again. http://www.acklandstainless.com.au/outdoorkitchens.html

posted @ Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:29 AM by Edmond Vandergraff

With things like rugs and floorboards, those are probably your responsibility. It's unfortunate, but the HOA doesn't usually cover things inside the apartment. If you can prove the leak wasn't your fault then you might get further. 
Marc | http://www.majesticrugcleaningnewyork.com

posted @ Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:07 PM by Jennifer Davies

I think that it should cover water damage, at least I really hope that it does. Our water heater decided to just start leaking for no reason while we were out of town, and it really made a huge mess. Now we have to pay to fix the water damage and get a new water heater. I really hope that the insurance at least covers the water damage. http://www.eddiebplumbing.com/cinnaminson-nj-water-heaters.htm

posted @ Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:29 AM by Tony De Azevedo

It should cover the water damage. I know that when my water heater leaked, the association payed for it. I think you just need to take it in, and see what they will do for you. They might just take each case individually. http://www.rapidplumbinglex.com

posted @ Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:55 AM by Dolores Brown

enough on this link ...it's all been said already.  

posted @ Tuesday, August 05, 2014 12:20 PM by Warren G. Harding

I think if the homeowners association won't do anything about, I would be sure to check with your insurance. Some insurance companies will pay to have it fixed because they don't want the damage to get greater. It saves them money.  
Jim Tracy | http://www.twomenandasnake.com/water-heaters/

posted @ Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:37 PM by Jim Tracy

I would expect that they would cover it. It really all depends on what was damaged and how though. In you contract it should talk about who's responsible for the kitchen repairs. http://www.fr.com.au

posted @ Thursday, August 07, 2014 3:01 PM by Bob Strong

My husband and I bought a new home about a year ago and within the first month we had our dishwasher leak all over our beautiful brand new stone tile floors! It took us forever to clean up the mess and on top of that, there was damage to the wall behind our dishwasher. I wish we would have called a company to come out and help us clean up the mess! http://www.fabri-care.ca/hard_surface_floors.html

posted @ Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:23 PM by Kiara Thorne

What kind of countertops did you have? It seems like they should have help up better under the water leak than they did. For your repair work, you should invest in marble or granite. They have much more longevity. 
| http://www.jvgraniteandmarble.com/

posted @ Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:33 PM by Jennifer Davies

My husband and I are looking into building a house and I have always wanted to have stone tile in my kitchen. I have been doing research on which kinds of tiles are best. I was wondering if certain kinds and styles are more popular than others. Do you have any advice? Thanks! http://www.x-tile.net/site3b/index.php/aboutus

posted @ Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:17 PM by Kiara Thorne

I once had a pipe burst in the wall of my condo. It ruined some kitchen appliances and a cabinet. Part of the damage was in the common area so the HOA covered that. I had to cover the rest though. http://www.garlocks.com/design/?page_id=7

posted @ Friday, August 29, 2014 12:30 AM by Guy Miflin

We had a situation like this happen and the Hoa wouldn't cover it for us. It had leaked from our kitchen onto the carpet in our family room. We ended up having to replace our carpet and flooring in the kitchen because of it. http://www.andersonflooringma.com/Services/

posted @ Friday, August 29, 2014 9:19 PM by Chevy Jones

Are the owners responsible for the cost of hot water/hot water heater? I think this was a gray area when I signed the lease, so I am not sure who pays for it. What should I do about it? Is it covered in utilities? http://www.dandbscottplumbingservices.com.au

posted @ Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:41 AM by Jim Tracy

My sink in the kitchen started leaking while I was on vacation. When we came back there was so much damage. I sure hope our insurance will pay for it. http://www.planitkitchens.com.au

posted @ Monday, September 08, 2014 2:10 PM by Jim

My kitchen sink is clogged up. I've tried multiple different techniques to try and make it work. I'm thinking I'm going to have to hire somebody to help me. http://www.plumbingsewerdrains.com/services/kitchen-sink-drain-cleaning-service-colorado-springs/

posted @ Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:44 PM by Emily Dye

I think the HOA insurance should cover the water damage to the floor boards. I would read the contract you have again, though, because you want to make sure you are right. I would do that before repairs, because they will be more willing to help you. http://www.timbersuppliespenrith.com.au

posted @ Friday, September 12, 2014 2:25 PM by Tom Stubbs

I had flooding all over my kitchen, and my cabinets were all ruined. Our main floor has really weird positioning compared to the outside, and so my kitchen is actually below ground level. Because of this, water got all over my cabinets and ruined some of my family photos I had hung up on the wall. http://www.aspenkitchensinc.com/kitchen-cabinets-colorado-springs.php

posted @ Wednesday, September 17, 2014 8:21 PM by Ronald Bryan

I think that the insurance would cover water damage in your kitchen. I'm not sure if it would cover damage to other parts of your house. A lot of times water gets into the siding and causes some problems, and I'm not sure if insurance covers those repairs. http://www.roofingnorthernva.com

posted @ Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:31 PM by Emily Merrell

Most insurance plans would cover water damage, but you'd have to check with your insurance company. We had a huge water break a couple of nights ago that completely flooded my basement. Our insurance covered the cost to replace the carpet and hire a plumber. http://www.arwrightplumbingheating.ca/services.html

posted @ Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:36 PM by Tony De Azevedo

We are so glad that we have tile in our bathroom. We had a whole bunch of water get in, and there would have been a lot of damage if we only had carpet. I think that we really need to put tile in our kitchen as well. http://www.brookstile.com/

posted @ Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:23 PM by Emily Merrell

Generally homeowners insurance should cover water damage to your kitchen. You should probably get a plumber out to get the immediate problems fixed though. You'll want to keep all of your receipts just to see how much you can get reimbursed. http://www.salinasrooter.com

posted @ Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:46 PM by Talmage Dangerfield

Usually homeowners insurance does cover water damage in your home. You'll have to check with your specific insurance agent though. As long as the cause of the water damage wasn't your fault, they should be able to help you. http://servicemasterofcolumbia.com/water-odor

posted @ Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:05 PM by Trevor Smith

That would really be horrible to have your water heater start leaking like that. I think that homeowners insurance would pay to fix that damage, and they should pay to fix your water heating system. I would have to have to take cold showers every morning. http://www.pipesafe.com.au/hot-water/

posted @ Friday, October 03, 2014 6:32 PM by Edmond Vandergraff

I am having some problems with my kitchen cabinets due to some water damage from earlier this year. I'm not sure if my unit will pay for the replacements because we don't know how the damage was caused. Do you know of any places that I could ask if they will cover and a place to find new custom kitchen cabinets? http://www.adamsfinefurniture.com/PhotoGallery/KitchenPhotoGallery.aspx

posted @ Thursday, October 09, 2014 3:18 PM by Brooke Bowen

We really need to get a new drain channel in our back yard. It rains a ton out here, and all of the rain just fills up until it floods our kitchen. The homeowner's insurance usually pays for it though. http://www.patentproducts.com.au/concrete-sumps-channels.htm

posted @ Friday, October 10, 2014 3:17 PM by Talmage Dangerfield

I think that they would cover damage to your kitchen. Somebody put carpet in our kitchen before we moved in, and it has been such a pain. Luckily, our insurance covered the cost when our carpet got completely flooded and destroyed. http://www.chilliwackcarpetonechilliwack.com/

posted @ Friday, October 10, 2014 4:39 PM by Emily Merrell

My husband and I just had new carpet installed and we love it. Last week we had a huge rainstorm and our basement flooded. We are hoping that our insurance will cover this and help us by installing new carpet. . . again. http://www.carpetkingcarpet1keene.com/

posted @ Monday, October 13, 2014 1:58 PM by Zeda Jackson

I actually had this same question. We had some water damage done to our kitchen and now we need some new floor tiles. I've looked into having them replaced and everything that is associated with that. All I need to know now is if the homeowners insurance covers any water damage done in my kitchen. Does anyone know how I would figure that out? http://www.herrmanntiles.net.au

posted @ Tuesday, October 14, 2014 4:40 PM by Brooke Bowen

i think that water damage is one of the worst things that can happen to a home. My basement recently flooded, and we've had to replace all the carpet. I think that it would be fantastic if your HOA covers water damage. http://servpro-berriencounty.com

posted @ Monday, October 20, 2014 10:02 PM by Ronald Bryan

Generally they cover the cost for water damage, but the owner has to pay for a plumber to fix everything. We had a big pipe break underneath our kitchen sink. It was really a pain to have to go without water until we were able to get a plumber to come over. http://www.bcpsi.com

posted @ Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:06 PM by Tony De Azevedo

Would homeowner insurance cover water damage that was caused by a leaking water heater. We really need to get our water heater repaired, because we found out that it's been leaking water all over the wall. The wall is completely starting to rot away. I'm just glad that we caught this as soon as we did. http://johnnypipewrench.com/services

posted @ Friday, November 07, 2014 2:43 PM by Tony De Azevedo

I think all the plumbing should be covered by the condo association and any damage from the plumbing should be covered also. So, if your cabinets and wood floor were ruined you should be able to get the condo's insurance to pay for the repairs. I would inform the condo association immediately so they can start working on it. http://www.kitchenmagicinc.ca

posted @ Monday, December 01, 2014 6:35 PM by Dolores Brown

I'm sorry to hear about that water damage. That's never fun. For the most part, homeowners insurance doesn't cover that kind of water damage. It looks like you'll be needing to replace the cabinets yourself. Even though remodeling is kind of a burden, it's a little bit exciting to be able to start fresh. I'd start looking now for cabinets for your kitchen. Good luck! https://discountrtacabinets.com/about/

posted @ Thursday, December 04, 2014 5:15 PM by Cathy

I think they should pay for the water damage that happened to your kitchen cabinets and floor. It isn't your fault, and you should get their insurance to pay for the damage. If you are having problems you can contact your condo association. They should be able to help you work through the situation. http://www.auroragraniteandquartz.ca

posted @ Monday, December 08, 2014 2:08 PM by Dolores Brown

Post Comment
Website (optional)

Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics